2.12.2013

"So like uhhh, do you know what a schish-mac-bab-labab is?"

I love my customers. I love my regulars. I love working with the public. But i CANNOT stand the customers who ask if we know how to make a drink that is not on the menu. Yes, we do have something so called a "secret menu" but most of the time, customers just make up their own drinks and call it whatever they want. So when they ask us if we know how to make a (fill in the blank with some weird name for their drink) and we respond with "no, we don't know what that is and what it consists of" they ALWAYS give us either attitude, or a weird looking face. Us baristas are trained to know what is on OUR menu, not the secret menu! So next time you walk into a Starbucks and order a "schlamacblibab" and we aren't aware of what it is, DO NOT GIVE US ATTITUDE! Afterall, we are still the ones making your drinks.

For those who never heard of the "secret menu," go ahead and take a gander.